Hi, I’m Eric David Greenspan. I’m a dad, a ferocious entrepreneur and I love marketing, social media and technology. I’ve also been known to create companies that offer mind blowing experiences and achieve cult-like followings. My current companies operate under 74 Degrees LLC where I am Chief Clever Officer at seventyfourmarketing.com, founder and chief tech at seventyfourtechsupport.com and a co-founder and CEO at schoolofbookkeeping.com (in partnership with Nerd Enterprises, Inc.) In August of 2015, I launched ignitization.com and I welcome you to our great new service helping entrepreneurs and business owners do amazing things.
At seventyfourmarketing.com, I help accounting pros IGNITE their practice with client acquisition, marketing, branding, websites that work, pricing strategy and closing sales. At seventyfourtechsupport.com, I keep up with my inner geek and help people implement and use technology that works. At schoolofbookkeeping.com, I manage all aspects of the business and handle the company’s sales and marketing efforts, business development and technology.
I spend a lot of my time at the keyboard and in the kitchen. I have over 10,000 hours at both.
In my early years, I could be found on the municipal golf course in Palm Springs, California picking from plentiful lemon trees and selling lemonade on the second hole. Little did I know that this would be the start of my entrepreneurial career. I have spent my entire adult lifetime building companies. My greatest skill is identifying unique marketing opportunities and driving customer acquisition. My latest company accumulated over 50,000 customers and most importantly, over 44,000 unique customer testimonials.
Before I go on, I just want to make sure you know I’m Eric Greenspan, not… You can read more about that here: I’m Eric Greenspan, not Eric Greenspan or Eric Greenspan.
I’ve had a blast working with some amazing people over the years. I co-hosted the #140conf LA Meetup with Jeff Pulver at Yahoo! Burbank’s HQ and then a second event at the Comedy Store on Sunset in Los Angeles. This is where I met Seth David aka “Nerd,” one of the co-founders of schoolofbookkeeping.com. As the official licensee of TEDxAmericanRiviera, I co-hosted several events with some amazing TEDsters, raised over $250k in funding, sold out each year and became a level II TEDx event in our third year.
I’ve been speaking at USC’s Marshall School of Business and UCLA Anderson School Entrepreneurship Institute for the past eight years. USC Marshall School developed a case study about my last company and has taught it as a course for MBA candidates the past 4 years. I’ve spoken at countless events and conferences, various schools, colleges and universities and private functions. I’ve emcee’d school charity events, Teddy Bear Cancer Foundation’s signature annual luncheon, Saks and The City, the #140conf meetups, Thindex and Poogling conferences and many others. In 2015 I will be delivering four talks at Sage Summit, including my Think Big – Ignite Your Practice talk that is part of my Ignite Program. I love to talk, so this works for me.
Here’s a list of some cool stuff that happened along the way:
- TED attendee 2010-2012
- Licensee and co-producer TEDxAmericanRiviera 2010/2011/2012
- Former board member of the Teddy Bear Cancer Foundation
- Emcee/auctioneer for Saks and the City benefitting Teddy Bear Cancer Foundation
- Emcee for Bears and Bees event benefitting Teddy Bear Cancer Foundation
- Former board member of the Southern California Technology Council
- Former member of the Santa Barbara Chamber of Commerce, Business Leaders Council
- Former member of the All Saints by the School fundraising committee
- Former member of the Montecito Union School special fundraising committee, technology advisor, emcee and auctioneer for signature fundraising event past five years
- Former member of the Laguna Blanca prep school technology advisory committee
- Recipient of the Honorary Service Award by the California PTA
- Former member of the Citrix iBusiness Board of Governors
- Emcee at Convergence (Microsoft campus in Santa Clara) 2010 and 2011
- Recipient of Best Places to Work award from Pacific Coast Business Times
- Two time winner of Best Of in the Santa Barbara Independent for computer repair
- Capstone speaker for USC’s CTM event in San Jose at Sun headquarters
- University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business (USC): Regular speaker on business building, marketing and PR
- University of California, Los Angeles, Andersen School of Business (UCLA): Regular speaker on Entrepreneuring and Extreme Customer Service
- University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB): Regular speaker, various topics
- Santa Barbara City College: Regular speaker, various topics
- SBCC Scheinfeld Center profiled speaker
- Dos Pueblos Entrepreneuring course guest speaker
- Anacapa prep school guest speaker
- Guest speaker at over 35 elementary schools (sponsored by Verizon) for Poogling Internet Information Seminars
- Various other schools, colleges, universities and organizations: Regular speaker on Entrepreneuring, Marketing, PR, Extreme Customer Service, management, and other topics.
For my CV/resume, click here.
To visit my companies click here.